Terms and Conditions of Use of and Access to the Scriptus Books Limited Website
By accessing this website and any pages thereof, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Terms and Conditions”). The expressions “You” or “you” refers to you as a user, including as a contributor of content or comment on the Scriptus Books Ltd website: scritpusbooks.com (hereinafter the “Website”).
If you register with our Website, submit any material (including comments) to our Website or use any of our Website’s services, You expressly agree to these Terms and Conditions.
If you disagree with these Terms and Conditions or any part of these Terms and Conditions, you must not use our Website.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact Scriptus Books Limited (“Scriptus”) at admin [at] scriptusbooks.com
GENERAL USE RESTRICTIONS
1. Scriptus, or third parties granting rights to Scriptus, holds all rights, title and interest in the information and content on the Website.
2. As a user of the Website, you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions set out herein. Any permission granted by these Terms and Conditions to you shall terminate automatically, without notice to you, in the event of your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
3. These materials are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws, including, but not limited to, (a) the company names, trade names, logos and designs (“Trademarks”) owned by Scriptus; (b) any other trademarks appearing on the Website; and (c) text, artistic content, art prints, audio content and any other materials contained or displayed on the Website.
LICENCE TO USE THE WEBSITE
4. Subject to the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, you may:
(a) view pages from our Website in a web browser;
(b) download pages from our Website for caching in a web browser;
(c) print pages from our Website;
(d) stream audio and video files from our Website; and
(e) use our Website’s services by means of a web browser,
5. As a user of the Website, you may use the content and display of the Website and print out pages from this Website solely for your personal, non-commercial use, and you agree that any such print-outs (or other reproduction of the same by whatever means) retain all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. You may not use the information and content on this Website on any other website or online platform or in any networked computer environment for any purpose without our express prior written permission.
6. Except as expressly authorised in writing by Scriptus, you have no right to reproduce, copy, download, display, distribute, modify, edit, alter, enhance or perform in any manner (including technological means that become available after the date of these Terms and Conditions stated below) any of the information or content on this Website in any manner, method or means.
7. Nothing otherwise stated or implied on the Website confers on you any license or right to do so.
USER IDS AND PASSWORDS
8. If you register for an account on our Website or other Scriptus sites, you will be asked to choose a user ID and password. Your user ID must not be liable to mislead and must comply with the content rules set out in these Terms and Conditions. You must not use your account or user ID for or in connection with the impersonation of any person.
9. You must keep your password confidential. You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
10. You are responsible for any activity on our sites arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
11. Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not without our prior express written permission:
(a) republish material from our Website (including republication on another website or print publication);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our Website;
(c) exploit material from our Website for a commercial purpose; or
(d) redistribute material from our Website, except that you may share excerpts of such material on social media platforms.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE WEBSITE
12. We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our Website at our discretion.
13. You must not:
(a) use our Website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the Website;
(b) you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our Website;
(c) use our Website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) use our Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus or other malicious computer software;
(d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our Website without our express written consent;
(e) access or otherwise interact with our Website using any robot, spider or other automated means;
(f) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our Website; or
(g) use data collected from our Website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
COMMENTS ON THE WEBSITE
14. Comments may only be submitted to the Website via email to email@example.com or, subject to acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, in the comments boxes provided under each published work on the Website.
15. Comments submitted by you to the Website will be monitored by Scriptus (hereinafter “your Comment” or “your Comments”). At any time and without notice, Scriptus reserves the right to, and in its sole discretion, to do any of the following and without prior notice to you:
(a) edit any comments you provide to the Website, including comments made in response to a posting by another user. With regard to comments you provide to the Website, Scriptus may however and in its sole discretion communicate with you by email regarding any edition of comments you provide to the website and invite you to resubmit an amended draft of your comment prior to publication on the Website;
(b) not include any such comment on the Website;
(c) remove some or all of any such comment from the Website and from any other form or media; and
(d) terminate your ability to post comments to the Website.
16. Comments may be submitted to the Website but subject to the following undertakings and/or obligations that you hereby accept, namely that the comment or comments shall not include any material that is:
(a) defamatory, or
(b) in breach of copyright or other intellectual property rights, or
(c) that is otherwise unlawful, or
(d) constitutes an advertisement or a solicitation for trade.
17. It is agreed that you retain all rights in a comment you contribute to the Website, but that you grant Scriptus the right to publish the Comment (or any abbreviated version of it) on the Scriptus Website. You also agree that Scriptus may reproduce or otherwise republish the Comment in its publications including, but without limitation, any Scriptus annual publication such as its Yearbook.
CONTENT OF COMMENTS ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE AUTHOR
18. You agree that Scriptus shall not have no liability for any loss or damage that results from any action, including interception and/or unauthorized use by third parties, of any Comment including information you send to us by e-mail.
19. When accessing the Website and its contents, you agree that the views, opinions and statements expressed by contributors are theirs alone and are not attributable in any way to Scriptus. You also agree that Scriptus is not responsible for the accuracy, veracity or completeness of any Comment published by Scriptus on the Website and that the content produced by any contributor is the sole responsibility of the contributor concerned.
20. Where, for your convenience, this Website contains links to third-party websites that are not under our control or where third parties decide to provide link to this Website, you agree that neither imply any association or affiliation between us and that third party website owner, nor that such association or affiliation imply any endorsement, approval, or confirmation by us of any information or content available on such third-party websites.
21. This Website and any information or content contained in this Website are provided to you without any warranty on an “as is” and “where is” basis. Contributors, and not Scriptus, are solely responsible for the content they contribute to the Website.
22. Scriptus makes no representations or warranties in connection with this Website including, but not limited to, the quality, appropriateness, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of any information, product, service or content contained on this Website and we expressly disclaim liability for errors or omissions in this information and content, for ourselves and any third-party providing information, services, or content to this website. All conditions, representations and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights, are hereby disclaimed.
23. Scriptus makes no warranty (a) that the operation of this Website will meet your or any other user’s requirements, or (b) that access to this Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, free of viruses, malware or any other harmful components, or free of errors, or (c) that defects will be corrected. You (and not Scriptus) assume the entire cost of all servicing, repair, or correction that may be required or necessary for your equipment and software as a result of visiting this Website. Where applicable law does not permit the disclaimer of warranties, Scriptus warrants the content accessible on this Website, or any other website to which a link is provided by the Website, and all operations on this Website, only to the minimum amount legally required.
24. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 20 above, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions, our sites and the use of our sites.
25. By using this Website, you specifically agree that Scriptus will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages of any kind, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, losses or expenses arising from or connected with this Website or any linked website or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or malware, or failure of a communication or system failure, even if Scriptus, or its representatives, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
BREACHES OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
26. Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms and Conditions, if you breach these Terms and Conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these Terms and Conditions in any way, we may:
(a) send you one or more formal warnings;
(b) temporarily suspend your access to our sites;
(c) permanently prohibit you from accessing our sites;
(d) block computers using your IP address from accessing our sites;
(e) contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our sites;
(f) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
(g) suspend or delete your account on our sites.
27. Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our sites or a part of our sites, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
28. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and, at our option, defend Scriptus and our officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) arising from your improper use of this Website or our products, your violation of these Terms and Conditions, your infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or any Comment you provided to the Website.
OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE WEBSITE
29. We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our Websites publications and services, and to stop publishing our Website or other Scriptus sites, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any sites services, or if we stop publishing the Website.
REVISIONS OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
30. Scriptus may modify these Terms and Conditions (or the information or content on this Website) without notice at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions, information or content on this Website. You agree that it is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions periodically to be aware of such modifications and you agree that your continued access or use of this Website shall be deemed to be your conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
32. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the England. Any disputes under these Terms and Conditions (including any dispute relating to a contract under these Terms and Conditions) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
SCRIPTUS BOOKS LIMITED CORPORATE INFORMATION
34. This Website is owned and operated by Scriptus Books Ltd.
35. We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 06271530 and our registered office is at 46 Murray Road, London SW19 4PE, United Kingdom.
36. You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions were last modified on 9 October 2020.